*Shock* New Releases for Lightbox2 - 6.x-1.10, 5.x-2.10
So this is something I don't say often enough - there are finally, after a 20+ month gap, new releases of the Lightbox2 module available! Yes, I know, I know, I've been rather remiss in my module maintainer duties lately, but basically work, masters and life got in the way, and now with the masters finished, I'm back in the zone shall we say. :)
There's a whole bunch of new features, and bug fixes too, including some very important security patches.
New features include:
- Support for a brand new "Views trigger" lightbox field, kindly provided by Crell.
- New "compact" formatter for multi-value image fields - basically it displays the first image, but hides the rest, but still allowing all images to be displayed in the lightbox.
- Changes for 508 compliance
- Support for private file systems and multi-lingual sites
- Now supports the awesome new Insert module
- and many more...
While this is great, it does mean the end of life of the 5.x version. From now on, only the 6.x version will be supported and work will start on a new Drupal 7 version as part of the new Starbox project. Starbox module will basically be one module which should hopefully support Lightbox2, jQuery Lightbox, Shadowbox, Colorbox, etc - i.e. "one box to rule them all". If you'd like to help out on this project, then please let me know!
In the meantime, the new Lightbox2 releases can be downloaded from the Lightbox2 project page, while details on all the changes can be found below:
- Lightbox2 6.x-1.10
- Lightbox2 5.x-2.10